Ongoing / Full Time
Classification: GO8 ($109,127 + Superannuation)
- Commitment to work/life balance through flexible working conditions and excellent leave entitlements
- Attractive salary and benefits including salary packaging, income protection, free onsite parking and a strong health & wellbeing focus including corporate discount on health cover and gym memberships & employee assistance program
- Ongoing professional development supported by study assistance and secondment opportunities
How would you like to work in an environment where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to the workplace and be responsible for the decisions you make?
- Council focused on building sustainable foundations.
- Here for our rapidly growing, diverse and resilient community.
- Engaged and connected workplace environment.
As one of the fastest growing council areas in South Australia, the City of Playford is focused on building sustainable foundations and places the community at the heart of everything we do. With our urban centre as the CBD of Northern Adelaide, our city is enriched by growing and diverse communities in new and established suburbs, rural and hills townships and horticultural lands.
The work that we do and the decisions that we make are in the best interests of the whole and contribute to a sustainable organisational future. Modelling open decision making, we provide a supportive and collaborative environment where employees feel engaged and connected to the work of the organisation, to each other, and the community.
About the Role...
This is an exciting opportunity for a transport planning expert to join the organisation to facilitate a safe and efficient transport network within the City of Playford.
Working within a professional and dedicated City and Corporate Planning team, the position is based at the Playford Operations Centre, just 30 minutes north of the Adelaide CBD.
The position is responsible for providing strategic advice across the organisation on all matters relating to transport planning and road safety engineering, developing strategy, plans and reports on best practice transport infrastructure and immediate/long term transport needs, and supporting the development and maintenance of strategic partnerships. The position also develops and delivers projects to meet community and industry needs, and responds to Council resolutions and public enquiries concerning transport planning issues.
We are seeking applications from individuals with tertiary qualifications in transport planning and/or engineering, who possess a dynamic and collaborative approach to their work, with a passion and commitment for delivering positive outcomes for the Community.
In addition, successful applicants will also possess:
- Experience in transport planning, design and construction of traffic control devices and traffic management plans in accordance with relevant South Australian standards, acts, rules and guidelines;
- Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively work and negotiate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders;
- Practical experience in the planning, coordination and delivery of projects;
- Highly developed skills working within corporate systems and MS Office packages (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Highly developed report writing skills.
If you hold an interest in the position and believe you possess the knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil this role and would like further information, please contact Dale Welsh, Senior Manager City and Corporate Planning on (08) 8256 0105.
How to apply...
Simply complete the application process by clicking the “Apply Now” button and we’ll be in touch.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Monday 2 August 2021
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance. While this opportunity is a full time role, applicants seeking other working arrangements are encouraged to apply and advise of your preferences in your covering letter.