Expressions of Interest
Casual Library Officers
Classification: GO2 ($32.26 per hour + 25% Casual Loading)
Please note, we do not have current vacancies available in this role and this is an expression of interest advertisement only.
- Commitment to work/life balance through flexible working conditions and excellent leave entitlements
- Attractive salary and benefits including salary packaging, income protection, free onsite parking and a strong health & wellbeing focus including corporate discount on health cover and gym memberships & employee assistance program
- Ongoing professional development supported by study assistance and secondment opportunities
How would you like to work in an environment where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to the workplace and be responsible for the decisions you make?
- Council focused on building sustainable foundations.
- Here for our rapidly growing, diverse and resilient community.
- Engaged and connected workplace environment.
As one of the fastest growing council areas in South Australia, the City of Playford is focused on building sustainable foundations and places the community at the heart of everything we do. With our urban centre as the CBD of Northern Adelaide, our city is enriched by growing and diverse communities in new and established suburbs, rural and hills townships and horticultural lands.
The work that we do and the decisions that we make are in the best interests of the whole and contribute to a sustainable organisational future. Modelling open decision making, we provide a supportive and collaborative environment where employees feel engaged and connected to the work of the organisation, to each other, and the community.
What we're seeking...
We are seeking expressions of interest from passionate and driven individuals who are interested in a career with City of Playford. Our Library Officers assist in developing and delivering the City of Playford Library Services as a leading resource for information, learning and recreation, and ensuring a consistently high-quality customer experience is delivered to the Playford community.
Reporting to the Manager Library Services and working across a 7-day rotating roster on an as-needs basis at either the Civic Centre or Stretton Centre Library, you will:
- Deliver a friendly, upbeat service to all users of the Library Services, ensuring that enquiries are answered efficiently and accurately
- Assist customers with technology, programs and activities as required
- Respond to the needs of the Playford Community, escalating improvement opportunities or issues to the Library Coordinator as required
- Promote Library services, programs and activities with a focus on increasing memberships
- Assist with collection activities and maintain a clean, tidy and safe environment for the Community
To be successful in this position, you will ideally possess formal qualifications in the field of Library Studies and/or Customer Service, with demonstrated equivalent experience across these areas. You will also possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal and IT communication skills, with a passion for delivering outstanding levels of service
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work under pressure and resolve difficult situations
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team whilst demonstrating initiative
- Sound knowledge of Library and Local Government services
To submit your expression of interest.....
If the above sparks your interest, you have reviewed the Position Description of the role and meet the criteria, please submit your expression of interest in this role by clicking the 'Interested' button and answer the questions to complete your application.
Please note: This is an expression of interest advertisement only. By pressing the 'Interested' button, you agree to City of Playford using your details for the purpose of assessing your suitability for a future casual vacancy within the Library Services Team. You further agree that if a suitable role is not available at the time of application, City of Playford will automatically keep your details on file. We will endeavour to be in touch with you should a vacancy within Library Services matching your skills and qualifications become available. Only those candidates who are shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance.