Full Time / Ongoing position
Classification: GO4 ($78,925 + Superannuation)
- Contribute to an organisation who provide information, services and infrastructure that help people to enjoy their lives and time in and around the City of Playford
- An opportunity to contribute towards supporting the organisation in decision making for the City of Playford community utilising your administration skills, knowledge and experience
- Support the organisation to foster positive working relationships and meet legislative obligations
How would you like to work in an environment where you’re encouraged to bring your whole self to the workplace and be responsible for the decisions you make?
- Council focused on building city and community foundations.
- Here for our rapidly growing, diverse and resilient community.
- Engaged and connected workplace environment.
As one of the fastest growing council areas in South Australia, the City of Playford is focused on building sustainable foundations and places the community at the heart of everything we do.
With our urban centre as the CBD of Northern Adelaide, our city is enriched by growing and diverse communities in new and established suburbs, rural and hills townships and horticultural lands.
The work that we do and the decisions that we make are in the best interests of the whole and contribute to a sustainable organisational future. Modelling open decision making, we provide a supportive and collaborative environment where employees feel engaged and connected to the work of the organisation, to each other, and the community.
About the Role...
The Governance Officer works within a professional and supportive Governance Team, based at the modern Playford Operations Centre, just 30 minutes north of the Adelaide CBD. This is a great opportunity for a committed and community minded individual to apply existing knowledge, skills and experience in the delivery of governance services across the organisation and to Council Members.
The position is focused on supporting the organisation in governance activities to assist our council members in decision making to deliver outcomes for our community. This will involve development of council and committee meeting agendas and minutes, providing meeting support, including minute taking, maintaining key governance registers, sub-delegations, systems and documents in accordance with legislative requirements for local government.
For key accountabilities please see the position description attached by clicking apply now.
Incumbents in this position are required to possess or be willing to gain a National Criminal History Clearance.
You are passionate about delivering a professional governance service for your organisation and producing high quality work that represents your organisation. You are an organised individual with strong experience in administration and excellent attention to detail.
Providing excellent customer service is important to you, and you have great ability to understand and interpret legislation and practically apply for the delivery of services.
You enjoy working in a team environment towards a common goal whilst using initiative and flexibility in your approach to work. Using your highly developed communication and interpersonal skills allows you to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and stakeholders.
The Playford Employee Experience...
Our team work hard together, but also celebrate together, learn together and support each other. We have a commitment to work/life balance through flexible working conditions and we remain focused on providing a high level of service and positive experience for our customers and stakeholders.
You will also get access to employee benefits, some of them are:
- Excellent leave entitlements including; Blood Donor leave and Purchased leave.
- Attractive salary and benefits including; salary packaging, income protection, free onsite parking and a strong health & wellbeing focus including corporate discount on health cover and gym memberships & free employee assistance program
- Ongoing professional development supported by study assistance and secondment opportunities
If you hold an interest in the position and believe you possess the knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil this role and would like further information, please contact Acting Manager - Governance Christie Russell, on (08) 8256 0426.
How to apply...
Simply complete the application process by clicking the “Apply Now” button and we’ll be in touch.
Applications close at 12:00pm noon on Monday 23 May 2022.
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you in submitting your application including alternative vacancy formats and application options, please refer to the Manager's contact details above. Any information provided will be kept confidential and will only be used to support your access to fully participate in the recruitment process.