Ongoing | Full Time Opportunity (76 hours per f/n)
How would you like to work in an environment where you are encouraged to bring your whole self to the workplace and be responsible for the decisions you make?
As one of the fastest growing council areas in South Australia, the City of Playford is focused on building sustainable foundations and places the community at the heart of everything we do. With our urban centre as the CBD of Northern Adelaide, our city is enriched by growing and diverse communities in new and established suburbs, rural and hills townships and horticultural lands.
The work that we do and the decisions that we make are in the best interests of the whole and contribute to a sustainable organisational future. Modelling open decision making, we provide a supportive and collaborative environment where employees feel engaged and connected to the work of the organisation, to each other, and the community.
About the Role...
Due to the significant growth of our city, we have an exciting ongoing opportunity available for an experienced engineer to join our Assets & Delivery team as a Project Manager - Design & Civil.
In this role you will manage delivery of a defined program of multiyear and city-wide civil projects on behalf of the City of Playford. This may include (but is not limited to) road infrastructure, drainage facilities, buildings, parks, sporting facilities and community facilities, from concept to finalisation and handover in accordance with agreed cost, time and quality requirements.
It is essential that you are degree qualified in Civil Engineering and have a minimum of five (5+ years) experience in civil infrastructure project delivery. Certification in Project Management from a recognised national body is also desirable.
In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated technical ability to undertake design reviews for civil infrastructure including co-ordinating such input from other Council teams.
- Extensive experience in project management, including scheduling, budgeting and construction of infrastructure and quality assurance.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, with a flexible approach to meeting new challenges and being innovative in the means used to ensure success and to meet Council objectives.
Incumbents in this position may be required to possess, or be willing to gain a National Criminal History Clearance.
The Playford Employee Experience...
It's important to us that you are the right fit to join our team, but it's just as important that Playford is the right place for you. Our team work hard together, but also celebrate together, learn together and support each other. We have a commitment to work/life balance through flexible working conditions and we remain focused on providing a high level of service and positive experience for our customers and stakeholders.
You will also get access to employee benefits, some of them are:
- Excellent leave entitlements;
- Attractive salary and benefits including salary packaging, income protection, free onsite parking and a strong health & wellbeing focus including corporate discount on health cover and gym memberships & free employee assistance program;
- Ongoing professional development supported by study assistance and secondment opportunities.
If you hold an interest in the position and believe you possess the knowledge, skills and experience to fulfil this role and would like further information, please contact Ben Woodrow, Senior Project Manager on 8256 0455 or Janey Mitson, Senior Manager – Assets and Delivery on 8256 0281.
How to apply.....
Simply complete the application process by clicking the “Apply Now” button and we’ll be in touch.
Applications close at 12:00pm noon on Tuesday 3 October 2023.
The City of Playford values diversity and work life balance.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to support you in submitting your application including alternative vacancy formats and application options, please refer to the Manager's contact details above. Any information provided is confidential and will not be used in the determination of an application outcome.